The ICO landscape is changing all the time, so it’s impossible to give a top ten list. But we can give ten top tips to make sure you invest in the right ICO.
- Make sure you’re knowledgeable about the industry
- Skip ICOs that you don’t fully understand
- It’s a good sign when you find an ICO which needs the blockchain in order to operate. It shows they’re not any old start-up cashing in on the ICO craze
- Only invest in what you can afford to lose.
- Read the whitepaper as many times as possible
- Research the key figures in the ICO. LinkedIn is a handy resource to use when you need to do a bit of investigation into someone’s career.
- Get clued up on the industry, subscribe to crypto newsites – immerse yourself in learning about the industry
- Check out business website, have a look at the design and navigation. While it doesn’t have to be the best website in the world, a business who is serious about its future will have put time, money and effort into the look and feel of its site.
- Transparency – the best ICOs will have complete transparency on how many tokens are up for sale, both during pre-sale and coin offering, how many will go to the team, how the funds will be used, etc.
- Get in as early as possible. ICOs have discounts for early investors – making your input even more valuable.
HiP is excited to begin its own ICO – to get on the HiP earlybird token sale list for maximum discounts, go here: https://www.hip.property.